How is child support determined in Missouri?

On behalf of Stange Law Firm, PC posted in Child Support on Thursday, October 28, 2010. Child support arises one of three ways in Missouri: (1) Upon administrative action brought by either parent before the Missouri Department of Social Services; (2) As part of a Divorce; or (3) As part of a Petition for Declaration of Paternity. Child support is usually a monthly payment from the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent for the benefit of the child. Payments can be made directly from one parent to another, or through the Family Support Payment Center in Jefferson City, Missouri, and may also be made by employer


Can you change a child custody order?

On behalf of Stange Law Firm, PC posted in Child Custody on Thursday, October 28, 2010. After a final decree of divorce or other order establishing custody and/or visitation is filed with a court, it is not always the last word on custody. If a father wants to change an existing, he may file a motion requesting the court modify it. Usually, courts will modify an existing order only if the parent asking for the change can show a “substantial change in circumstances” that affects the welfare of a child. What is a substantial change in circumstances? Courts differ on what they consider a substantial


Welcome to Our St. Louis, Missouri, Family Law Blog

On behalf of Stange Law Firm, PC on Wednesday, October 27, 2010. At Stange Law Firm, LLC, we understand how to address your specific needs when it comes to aggressively defending your rights as a father – particularly in the areas of divorce, child custody, child support, visitation, paternity and other areas of family law. Contact our St. Louis Office at 314-963-4700, our St. Charles Office at 636-940-5900 or our Jefferson County (Arnold) Office at 636-296-3060 for more information on how we can help. Our intention with this blog is to provide an opportunity for you to gain insight and become better informed about the legal process of