“Dazed and Confused” star requests child support modification

For some parents, financial circumstances change, making it hard or even impossible for them to continue making their existing court-ordered child support payments. However, in those situations where circumstances have changed, parents can ask the courts for a modification to their current child support order to more accurately reflect their current financial situation.

Jason London, who’s most well-known for his role as Randall ‘Pink’ Floyd in the movie “Dazed and Confused,” recently found himself in his own money troubles and unable to pay his $1,000 a month child support payments for his 15-year-old daughter. He is now seeking a modification to lower that monthly amount.

According to the motion recently filed in court, the actor claims that not only is he out of work right now, but that he also owes $700 a month in taxes. Between the $1,000 in child support for his 15-year-old daughter and the $700 tax liability, London said he just cannot afford it.

In his motion it is also noted that in the future he expects to start receiving $1,800 a month in unemployment benefits.

When looking at London’s request, it’s important to keep in mind that these are the same types of requests that some fathers and mothers in Missouri find themselves having to file.

In Missouri parents who have had a substantial financial change can have their existing child support order reviewed by the courts. And, in some of those cases, the existing orders can be recalculated to a fair amount that is based on both parents’ current incomes.

Source: msnbc, “Jason London Seeks Reduction in Child Support,” Josh Grossberg, 8 June 2011

Related Posts